Contact our family law solicitor in Oxford

    We’ll only use this information to handle your enquiry and we won’t share it with any third parties. For more details see our Privacy Policy


    Please contact us using the form or using the information below.


    John Randle Associates
    Prama House
    267 Banbury Road
    OX2 7HT






    Visiting our family lawyer in Oxford

    COVID-19 precautions

    In response to the COVID-pandemic and government guidelines, we are happy to offer our family law services via Zoom, Skype and other digital platforms as appropriate, as well as via phone and email.

    Where face-to-face meetings are required, we are committed to following official guidance from the UK Government and Public Health England so we can provide a safe environment for our clients and staff.

    Measures we have put in place include:

    • Limiting the number of people in our building and meeting spaces to facilitate safe social distances
    • Maintaining the recommended 2-metre distance between clients and our staff
    • Regular handwashing and use of hand sanitiser
    • Regular cleaning of surfaces such as door handles and other high contact areas


    At John Randle Associates, we are committed to providing an accessible service to our clients, so please call 01865 339319 or email to discuss how we can accommodate your needs.

    Our family law services in Oxford

    With over 35 years of specialist family law experience, our family lawyer can assist with a wide range of legal matters affecting individuals, couples and their families, including divorce, civil partnerships, private child law, financial matters and international family law.

    Divorce & Separation

    When dealing with divorce and separation, getting expert legal advice from the outset gives you the best chance of achieving an amicable separation that reflects your needs and concerns.

    Our divorce solicitor in Oxford can assist with matters including:

    • Initiating and responding to divorce proceedings
    • Arrangements for children
    • Divorce financial settlements


    Legal issues involving children are often highly emotive with the need to balance your rights as a parent against the best interests of your children.

    Our family lawyer in Oxford can assist with child law matters including:

    • Parental responsibility
    • Live with orders (residence)
    • Spend time with orders (contact and access)
    • Specific issue orders (medical & schooling disputes)
    • Prohibited steps orders (orders preventing certain actions)
    • Child maintenance
    • Special guardianship orders
    • Surrogacy (including international surrogacy)
    • Relocation of children within the UK and abroad

    Prenuptial Agreements

    Prenuptial agreements or ‘prenups’ are increasingly popular as a way for couples to protect their assets and provide certainty for the future. While they are not legally binding in the UK, a well-drafted prenup is likely to be taken into account by a court during divorce if required.

    We can assist with all aspects of prenuptial agreements, including:

    • Drafting a prenuptial agreement
    • Negotiating a prenup
    • Reviewing a prenuptial agreement you have been asked to sign
    • Advice on the application of prenup during divorce

    We can also advise on the creation of postnuptial agreements for those who are already married.

    International Family Law

    Family matters with an international component can be particularly challenging to resolve, so specialist expertise in international family law is often highly beneficial. With many years of experience dealing with these complex matters, our family law expert can provide clear guidance on your rights and options.

    Our family lawyer can assist with various international family law issues, including:

    • International relocation outside the UK
    • Jurisdiction disputes
    • Registration of English court orders abroad
    • Recognition of foreign marriages
    • Financial remedies for UK based spouses after a foreign divorce

    We can also advise on relocation of children within the UK.

    Financial Disputes

    Financial disputes during divorce and separation or at any point after a relationship has ended can be highly contentious. The right legal guidance can help you to find a positive solution through constructive negotiation or court proceedings where required.

    We can advise in relation to matters including:

    • Money and property disputes between married/unmarried couples
    • Financial disputes concerning children
    • Disputes over family businesses
    • Pension disputes (e.g. pension splitting during divorce)
    • Disputes involving overseas assets (e.g. holiday and investment properties)
    • Financial injunctions

    International Surrogacy

    International surrogacy offers a number of advantages, which is why it is now a common option for many families. However, there are a number of legal issues you will need to consider, so it is essential to seek specialist legal advice on these matters.

    Our family lawyer can assist with every aspect of international surrogacy law, including:

    • Immigration (bringing children born via surrogate to the UK)
    • Parental Orders (conferring parental rights on the commissioning parents)
    • Foreign Custody Orders (advice on their legal standing in the UK)

    Same Sex Partnerships

    Same sex couples must deal with all of the usual family law issues, as well as certain specialist issues. Our family lawyer has extensive experience advising same sex families, so can provide the tailored legal support you need.

    Our family lawyer can advise on issues such as:

    • Civil partnership dissolution
    • Same sex divorce
    • Pre-civil partnership agreements & prenuptial agreements
    • Children of same-sex couples (including parental responsibility issues)

    Discuss your requirements with our family law solicitor in Oxford

    To discuss your requirements with a practical, empathetic family lawyer in Oxford, please call 01865 339319, email or use the contact form at the top of the page to ask a question or request a call back.